Hot-to-Trot

Date: Aug 15 Wed
Mileage: 16 (9.2.5. fixie)
August mileage: 81
Year to date: 1394
ipod: This American Life-"Blame it on Art" , Rolling Stones mix

I guess I'm acclimating somewhat to the heat, but I had no idea it was 100F on this afternoon's commute. Yes, it was hot and I got really sweaty, but I put in 9m or so without too much effort. fixie again. i managed to get a little funky saddle sore today, so maybe the heat is to blame for that. don't know. i passed by a new coffee shop and there were 4 cool fixie rides out front. might have to take a look sometime. today was the first time i ever caught myself imagining a Surly Steamroller, a road-bike setup fixie style. intriguing, but just say no.


i did a bit of research and i have either elbow bursitis or tricep tendonitis. funnily i found it on a sight relating to weight training injuries. that's right! i hurt it pumping iron. :-)

Comments

Doug said…
Ugh...100 degree heat?!! I'm glad I live next to the world's biggest natural air conditioner, Lake Superior! I had a 70 degree afternoon commute today. It's supposed to be 51 degrees for the morning commute.
LvilleTex said…
I have nary a response. It was even hotter today, 103F with humidity. Too hot.

Popular Posts