A+

Date: Sept 29 Sat
Mileage: 28 (Bleriot)
September mileage: 161.5
Year to date: 1568.5

If I were to be a Deist, and if I were to prayer that a higher authority interjected into my life to help me obtain my own personal needs, I would say that God, in fact, did answer my prayers this morning with weather that was just perfect. L has a soccer tournament this weekend, so I knew that this a.m. provided the best opportunity for miles, so I headed out about 8 for a tour of Broadway, the Riverwalk, downtown, the Beargrass Trail and through the park for a simply wonderful ride on the Bleriot. Highlights sans camera:
  • Bowman Field is having a balloon show of some sort, so the first real image of the a.m. was hot-air balloons, about 7 of them, hovering through the trees and over the houses in Seneca Gds. Perfect pic moment, but alas.
  • sunny skies, cool temps and a great bike underneath.
  • on the note, come Pride that I have one of the prettiest bikes around. I'm sure the alum/carbon Trek crowd looks with bewilderment at a "throw-back" rig, but you know they're secretly covetous of such a pretty and comfy machine.
  • 2 full episodes of 'This American Life' on the ipod. If find that sometimes I don't want to listen to the ipod, but rides sometimes provide the only real opportunity to take in public radio.
  • I found a new best-of classical music selection. I had downloaded some tunes for my Humanities class, and this morning feasted on the finale of 'Cosi Fan Tutti'. What a piece of music! Another gift from whoever created and inspired it.
  • Bikes. The nice weather brought out numerous groups of riders in the Riverwalk, downtown and park area. How could you avoid it?
The day, ride, groove, and circumstance just made me giddy a couple times. It couldn't have been any better, unless I guess it were twice as long. But I'm not complaining.

Comments

Popular Posts