Mileage: 28 (Bleriot)
September mileage: 161.5
Year to date: 1568.5
If I were to be a Deist, and if I were to prayer that a higher authority interjected into my life to help me obtain my own personal needs, I would say that God, in fact, did answer my prayers this morning with weather that was just perfect. L has a soccer tournament this weekend, so I knew that this a.m. provided the best opportunity for miles, so I headed out about 8 for a tour of Broadway, the Riverwalk, downtown, the Beargrass Trail and through the park for a simply wonderful ride on the Bleriot. Highlights sans camera:
- Bowman Field is having a balloon show of some sort, so the first real image of the a.m. was hot-air balloons, about 7 of them, hovering through the trees and over the houses in Seneca Gds. Perfect pic moment, but alas.
- sunny skies, cool temps and a great bike underneath.
- on the note, come Pride that I have one of the prettiest bikes around. I'm sure the alum/carbon Trek crowd looks with bewilderment at a "throw-back" rig, but you know they're secretly covetous of such a pretty and comfy machine.
- 2 full episodes of 'This American Life' on the ipod. If find that sometimes I don't want to listen to the ipod, but rides sometimes provide the only real opportunity to take in public radio.
- I found a new best-of classical music selection. I had downloaded some tunes for my Humanities class, and this morning feasted on the finale of 'Cosi Fan Tutti'. What a piece of music! Another gift from whoever created and inspired it.
- Bikes. The nice weather brought out numerous groups of riders in the Riverwalk, downtown and park area. How could you avoid it?