La Noche Bruja

Date: Oct 31 Wed
Mileage: 24 (LHT)
October mileage: 447
Year to date: 2048
Temps: 43F a.m./70F p.m. sunny

A beautiful day on the this "Witching Night", as they called it on one of the Spanish sports daily websites (title not there anymore). I both rode to and from school with "BB". She's quite a character, 55 and very bitchy, but with a tender side if you can get through it. We took a longish loop home, I wanting to build the last of my October miles. This month was my biggest this year, something I'm glad to say. I'll have to have both a good Nov and Dec to equal my 2006 output, but I'm going to try. Don't know if I can put Doug kind of miles in, but I think I may be able to do 1 good ride per week (meaning long) and keep commuting. This afternoon we were passed by something like 6 or 7 roadies, with none of them acknowledging our existence. No "hi" or "on you left" or anything. 'BB''s comment was that they all "fucking think they're Lance Armstrong". She may be right. Don't know, but all I can do is wave or say hello and move on. One of them passed us on Mellwood, he looking like a commuter with a C'dale aggro hybrid and lights and such. I said "hi" and he waved. Maybe 10sec later, 'BB' said, "That was my ex-husband". I laughed and laughed. It's a small world, isn't it?

This evening the fam headed to Hillcrest Ave. in Crescent Hill for a "Noche Bruja" party. Hillcrest is one of those streets that goes all out for H'ween. We went early to t-n-t and have some chili. The decorations were quite impressive and it's mostly likely that I was on the 6.30 news on WAVE3 with John Belksi, which is our favorite newscast. I wore a demon mask and gloves that the boys didn't want, and I obviously both impressed John and scared numerous toddlers. No pics, though. Duh, no camera. Once we left it was a friggin' madhouse, with literally Thousands of people. We escaped safely, and are glad of it.

Peace and have a great November.

Comments

Doug said…
If you think about it, you put in almost 1/4th of your total miles for the year this month alone. I only put in about 1/6th of my miles for the year this month. In that sense, you got me beat! Way to go! Have fun on the bike in November!
Anonymous said…
Hey, wasn't that John Belski at the Harry Potter party as well? You keep crossing his path on TV!

--Laura

Popular Posts