!Que Olor!

Date: Nov 28 Wed
Mileage: 29(LHT)
November mileage: 453
Year to date: 2502

I'm still shocked at the extent of the foul odors that I encountered on today's commute. I had a similar title some months/years ago, but that mostly dealt with Monday morning trash service. Today's robust olfactory attack almost took down 'BB' and me on our afternoon loop near Rubbertown. She hadn't seen the newish part of the bike path off of Algonquin Pkwy, so we ventured that way before turning towards home via the Riverwalk again. Once on Algonquin again after viewing the trail spur, a great insidious cloud of death descended upon us. I hyperbolize, but not really. We both were not far from being sick or having headaches. It was NASTY. The Buddha says "Life is suffering", and boy is was for those 5 min. Even more strangely, I noticed foul smells the rest of the ride: brass foundry, cars and trucks, probable weed coming out of hoopties, city buses, MSD workers (trucks), you name it.

It was still a nice ride, although I think I wore 'BB' out. She kept going slower and slower, but hey, she was game. That's about 50m for her in 2 days, certainly more of a distance workout than her spin classes. Tomorrow's commute could be tough; we have family pics at 4.00, so I don't know about timing. If I can get a mega-Friday in I can top 500m for the month. I like that thought.

Comments

Popular Posts