Seattle-esque

Date: Dec 8 Sat
Mileage: 4 (6-pack Project)
December mileage: 53
Year to date: 2555
ipod: Kusula

Date: Dec 9 Sun
Mileage: 24 (Bleriot)
December mileage: 77
Year to date: 2579
ipod: Kusula

My many dear readers have been pining for pics, so I took the camera with me today under conditions that I can imagine in Seattle or in jolly ol' England. I've never visited either, but 48F, mist and rain, tome at least, evoke those locals. After yesterday's coffee ride, I needed to stretch the limbs out today for a "real" ride, and it was the perfect time to try out the Bleriot's fenders. I'd never taken a good rain ride on the Bleriot- gotta keep it nice, right?- but today was a great opportunity. I give today's ride 4/5, with slights marks off only b/c I went 24 and not 54. It was great otherwise, and I hope the pics do a good job demonstrating such an evocative landscape amidst the grey.

Looking into Seneca Pk along Pee Wee Reese Blvd. That's the road on the right (duh!) and the walking path on the left. This pic does a pretty good job showing today's foggy conditions.

There's a nice little waterfall at the intersection of PeeWeeReese and Seneca Pk Rd. In another location it would be quite the bucolic draw. As it is, most folks probably never look at it. Today there were 20+ ducks floating around. I like the contrast of the white ones the most.

Winterberries. I bought a winterberry bush for our yard, and a male one too to fertilize. Instead, the birds eat up all the berries before we can enjoy them. I don't mind. That's ultimately what they're for, right?

I hope this pic achieves an appropriate response. That's a barge barely visible in the midst along the river.

Nature preserve along the river as well. They drained the lake for some reason.

Preserve path with my tire tracks as visitor.

Bleriot in rain mode. I attached the little Planet Bike flashie on the front, with a rear blinkie too. What I prize most is the bag protecting the Brooks.

Forest Rat along River Rd. down near soccer complex. There were 2 just eating lunch at 12.00p.m. I don't like deer. With no natural predators any more they're just a nuisance. Oh to bring back cougars and wolves.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Beautiful pictures!
--Laura

Popular Posts