H.W.and Be Like 'Sconny

Since Sunday's long ride I haven't done too much on the bike, only some really short trips herenthere, with a longer herenthere on Tuesday. The fam spent the day at our annual trip to Holiday World yesterday, where much fun was had by all. We followed our usual plan, morning on rides, afternoon in the water park and finishing up in the evening with rides and pizza for supper. I had to drag 'Z' onto the Voyage; he's a slow starter. Once we rode he loved it and rode it again. I got slightly sick going on the slowest ride of all time, the Eagles. It took me a couple hours to settle the stomach down. I just do not spin for any reason whatsoever. The water park was busier than the regular one, but with temps in the 90s, that's no surprise. We rode a few of the big slides and then goofed around in the lazy river and wave pool. While they were in the wave pool, I feel asleep in the shade where I had some of the best sleep of the week. After playing in the new water playground we left for more roller coasters, including another trip on the Voyage. The 3rd trip for me was much better b/c I relaxed, kept the hands up and let the ride take me instead of keeping in control. I found that I flopped around much more comfortably instead of being tense and banging everything. The good wife and 'L' also got one more trip, in the dark and with the lights on, on the Raven. It such a great "little" park, clean, pleasant and friendly and not terribly expensive. I even had thoughts at some point to camp out afterwards and ride home today (at around 85m), but I'm not quite ready for that yet. Tomorrow we go to Maysville for a visit. I won't be able to rdie there (visiting, right?), but I might do an alternative Lou-Frankfort and get picked up again. My break will be getting very busy very soon, so I don't know how many long rides are in the future, but the regular commuting miles will certainly have an uptick.


As usual, I'm the thief who rides trends instead of creating them. In case case, I found a clever little gizmo (widget, as it were) on 'Sconnyboy's blog. It is from Trek, and Trek did seem to screw over my fav LBS, but 'Sconnyboy is wise in pointing out that every little bit does help. "Be the Change" or at least "Model the Change".

Comments

Popular Posts