Commute

Date: August 20 Wed
Weather: 92F, humid
Mileage: 26
August mileage: 216
Year to date: 1644

Date: August 21 Thurs
Weather: 90F, humid
Mileage: 8.5
August mileage: 223.5
Year to date: 1652.5

Date: August 22 Fri
Weather: 92F, humid
Mileage: 8
August mileage: 232
Year to date: 1660

I finally fixed the LHT flat Tuesday night after our outdoor summer meal of BLTs and fresh corn. The good wife bought some store bacon and I had bought some from the farmers' market. With that we had fresh tomatoes from her boss, along with fresh corn from the store too. Good stuff all, although I remember now why we never make bacon. That's some messy stuff. Wednesday's afternoon ride was market by some serious sluggishness. I'm not sure if it was dehydration or illness or what, but I felt like complete crap when I got home. En route I saw one of my neighbors downtown. Our brief conversation, while moving, led to the fact that he needed a presta adapter. I had fixed a tube of his, but didn't have any Schraders, so at the time I used a presta and a valve nut to stabalize it. His pump didn't work. By chance I happened to be going by The Bike Depot to get a new tube. The old one was shredded from a big hunk of glass that had lodged in the tire. It was so thick it went through the thick, beefy portion of the tire. From the bike shop I head east and took Indian Hills up and through Seneca. I never once felt strong or comfortable and by the time i was home i was sort of light-headed.

I survived.

Today I took the short southern route in the a.m., a rare change-of-pace for me. In the p.m., missus had an appt., so I rode down to school and scooped the boys up for a ride home on the #21. 'Alberto' had stated that the route had been cut in July, but little did he know it was fine and dandy. Our A.D. also gave me some bus passes, so the trip for the 3 of us cost only $1.50, my fare. It made for a short mileage day, but I enjoy that afternoon bike/bus/walk (only .10 of a mile) experience. I feel like a real city dweller. Peace.

**(sic) I'm adding Friday into this mix. I did the same bike/bus route Friday as well. The good wife needd some help, so it was the afternoon #21. It makes for shorter mileage, but oh well. It's pleasant.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey, it sounds lovely, no matter how many miles you did. Do what you can and don't fret. Hope this week at school was better than last week (it has to be, right?) and that y'all have a nice weekend.
--Laura

Popular Posts