More Commute, and that's good

Date: August 13 Wed
Weather: 85F, sunny
Mileage: 16.5
August mileage: 125
Year to date: 1552

More banal, very pleasant commuting today. I had some systematic/systemic/system distress in the middle of the night, so I'm sort of surprised I woke up to ride, but I did. In fact, I felt pretty good this morning. I was out the door quicker than expected and did the Cherokee route. Climbing dog hill- my "insight" spot you know- I was greeted with the thin wispy pink yellows of dawn rising just over the fog-shrouded park. It was great and I wish I had had a camera. I might have to get another cheap pencam at some point (the other one fell and has never focused well since).

I sort of goofed up the afternoon. I was supposed to get home promptly and take 'L' to get a pic made, but in the maelstrom of work and principal revolt I forgot. I ran across 'Lance' and 'Sheryl' and rode home with them for the first time in a long while. It was all obnoxious shop talk, esp. with 'Sheryl' who either enjoys bitching about work or talking about her muscles. At least 'Lance' branches out into paddling- about which he is passionate- or his many home improvement projects. We ended up ditching 'Sheryl' at Highland Ave. and 'Lance' and I went in to Cherokee for a bit. He's just getting his cycling fitness back, so it as nice to be the stronger one for a change. I suspect if the calendar allows we'll do the long Riverwalk loop several times this fall. Peace to all beings, especially my pissed off coworkers. Some need more peace than others.

Comments

Popular Posts