Pema Chodron

I left a comment on the Blasphemous Bicycler's post yesterday about a Buddhist reading selection by Pema Chodron. The googling I did for that title led me to an interview between her and Bill Moyer, found here. Reading something like this gives me the sensation that Buddhim has such an elegance, and yet, such a logic to it. It is emancipatory, but without the rigidity found in the other faith traditions. She also alludes to the issue of fundamentalism in Buddhism as well, so that "hard-core", prejudicial mind exists throughout humanity, and is certainly at the forefront of our modern cultural and political wars.

I've been reading selections from "Uncomfortable with Uncertainty”. I enjoy it very much as a means to be mindful before sleep. I don't know if the outer me appears to be any more at peace, but I think, sometimes, that the inner me is becoming moreso. Of course, Buddhism says there is no me, right? Grin.

Comments

Popular Posts