Warm Rain Commutes

Date: Dec 14 Fri
Weather: 60+F, rain!!
Mileage: 14
December mileage: 129
Year to date: 3170

I hadn't commuted since last Tuesday, so today I decided to mirror last Tuesday afternoon's rain ride and commuted this morning in a driving rain storm. Strange stuff. From the I started listening to public radio this morning at around 5.30, the temp changed from 41F all the way to a work temp of an amazing 65F or so, and this increased is all in 1.5 hrs. I was SOAKED! I did have the work gear reasonably bagged so it wasn't of too much consequence. Like last year on the same day, I rode by Schulz's for flowers for the missus. This is #16 and amid the travails of a union we're still chugging. FWIW, last year I was on the Redline fixie with flowers lashed in the basket. This time I rode the Trek SS wiht flowers resting in the long pannier pocket.

It was great to ride through whatev conditions, but it helps to have 60F instead of 33F and freezing rain. Oh well, happy weekend.

Comments

Anonymous said…
16 years? Was it that long ago? Wow. And I remember it well (especially your wife getting her hair tangled when getting ready -- she was not amused!). Congrats to you both!
--Laura
Anonymous said…
I considered riding this morning. I wimped out due to the wind and rain.

Oh well. I'll ride next week when it's cold. :(
Apertome said…
65 degrees! Holy crap, I went out for a ride in ~6 inches of snow today. Madness.

Oh, also: happy anniversary!

Popular Posts