Just did it.

Just got home from soccer practice and exercise effort. While El Segundo did his thing, I suited up and took the Monocog out in the 20F, windy misery and rode the 'cross trails at RiverRdCountryClub for about 30min. At some point, I looked at my watch and accepted that I had gotten out, had done it, and that I was ready to not be doing it.  Riding into a stiff headwind at 20F in the dark (with light) was just what it was, but no more.

Tomorrow I'll have to think very hard about the commute. After thinking in the back of my mind that Dave didn't need those Marathon studs, now he's ready for ice spots on our snow and ice strewn streets and I'm stuck with semi-slicks like the Paselas or Travel-Contacts for the commute. Ick, I don't like the thought of icy patches at 6.15, so we'll see.

Comments

Apertome said…
Any need for 26" studs? I've got a pair I'm thinking about parting with. I should've mentioned that before our ride, I guess ...

Popular Posts