2010

The quickie year-end summary:

  • '10- 3024
  • '09- 3631
  • '08- 3273
  • '07- 2777
  • '06- 2573
  • '05- 1418
I didn't realize that I also rode more in '08. Hmm.. makes me ponder a bit. 
  • My highest month total (July) was 421, which isn't too impressive. In general I rode more consistent mileage all year long- even during tennis season in the Spring- but had fewer big mileage months. Previous years indicate a lot more 30-milers, probably as long commutes. I didn't do one long commute all Fall; the family schedule is just busier and that's life.
  • I rode my first century, a solo, unsupported one. Interesting that I had what I would call an average mileage year but managed my first "real" ride.
  • I had 13 rides of at least 50 miles or more, which I have a feeling is a record. 
  • While the century was great, by far the best bike experience was the Big South Fork trip with Dave and Michael. That was just fantastic all around. Looking back at those pics makes me want to do that again.
  • I'm down about 20lbs from my high in August and down about 15lbs from my initial health issues in October. While the holidays have been tough on the waistline, I'm still feeling very positive and am ready to get down more in '11. I have no "resolution", but a healthy intake of lean proteins and lots of fruits and vegetables makes the body feel better.
  • The bike with the greatest number of trips in '10 was the Kona Ute with 53 trips. Surprising but not. It's a a great city bike in every way. The Bleriot, with half the rides as the LHT, was the mileage champ with 692. 
  • I did 19 mixed-terrain rides, my favorite kind.
  • The biggest loser was the Rans. I rode it twice-2x- for 44 miles. I need to sell it. Have I said that before?
  • According to mycyclinglog, I made 170 trips on the bike this year, which means I rode fewer than half of the days in the year. 
2011 Goal- Ride at least 200 trips on the bike and ride at least 4000 miles.

Comments

amidnightrider said…
I haven't heard anything about Hinguain's injury. An internet search yields nothing.

But..... Watch for Clint Dempsey making a move from Fulham to Liverpool.
amidnightrider said…
p.s. Ronaldinho to Chelsea. Remember where you heard it first.
LvilleTex said…
Bold, MR. Every report I've seen says home club of Gremio in Brasil. Like the real Ronaldo, where far former futbol gods go to retire.
Apertome said…
We all have off years. I only got 2629 miles in '09. Nearly doubled it this (last) year. Don't dwell on it ... it seems like this year is going to better!

Maybe we can do another destination/camping ride this year ... either a return to BSF, or somewhere else. I'm open-minded.

Popular Posts