West Loop commute



After some days of brick-n-brack, I finally commuted, taking in the longer west loop for the first time in a while. I felt frisky for the first 10m of the afternoon commmute and then backed off some. At about mile 23 (of the total loop) I started getting quite cold, having dressed in 2 layers for the expected 41, when instead it stayed around 35, not terrible, but the hands got cold even with decent gloves. Later I warmed a bit but my hands got tired and achy from the 'stache bar. I think it's an excellent in-town, short bar, but for longer trips I say, "meh!".

I slowed a bit and made my way through the flat parts of Cherokee and took it easy up Millvale. Yesterday I ran some stairs with the tennis boys for the first time in several years, but today I can feel it in my quads and calves. We have conditioning T/Th and I would like to do *some* running with them, but nothing shocking. No, I repeat, No pulled muscles, that's the goal.

Comments

Apertome said…
That's a nice, long commute! Nearly three days of commuting for me. Very nice.

Popular Posts