Good

Post-tennis is going well. I'm a bit light, free. Today I did the commute as I did M and T (my late-night jra T ended up hampering my Wednesday commute. Excuses) and on the way home I dropped in on the OYLC crew to get some Shop Time, something which I haven't had in a while. I jawed a bit with Drew and Jimmy and met John and Ben who were interloping from MI. After some Cherokee/Waverly talk they invited me for a mug at Cumberland, which I felt would be rude to turn down, so I rolled the Sogn down to the joint and helmet locked up to a trash can. They were amenable to sitting outside, and at 4.30 there wasn't much demand, so we had a few pale ales and enjoyed the 65F, overcast, breezy, blissful weather.

Ben and I talked a good bit about frames, bikes, building (he's a burgeoning builder himself. I'm sorry I forgot his framesake's name), trails and all kinds of other shit. John was a good convo too, but he had his eye on a long-lost lady friend he hadn't seen in a while (he lives in MI but lived for a while in the 'Ville). I bade them adieu and returned home only to make a brief pit stop before embarking again- this time on the Blueridge- with 2 bottles of wine in the rando bag along with some sandals. A long-time Sprench teacher is retiring and a reasonably young colleague threw the party. The ride over was a bit humid but very nice, and after an evening of small talk, a couple glasses of wine and cake (there was other food too), I had the good fortune to return home via the BR in 60F breezy bliss.

Certainly why we make the effort to ride two wheels.  All others, please be jealous.

Comments

Popular Posts